Thursday, December 12, 2013

Dear Friend,

I've written to you before.   Again, I write this specifically for you.  You told me that you haven't been reading my blog lately.  I hope that if and when you do, you will see this post.  

Why am I writing this to you?  Well, I've been slowly making my peace and showing gratitude to those that have made an impact on my life.  Now, I've already written you two stories, which are really expressions of my gratitude, but you didn't like my stories ("MM" and "CVS").  So, I guess this is my last attempt to tell you my gratitude, in a very transparent and public way. 

My Friend, saying that you've made an impact on my life is an understatement.  You have been my constant companion for the last ten years.  Your love is like the sun behind clouds; always present, even when I couldn't see it.  You've held my hand through some of the toughest periods of my life.  You've been patient with me, even when all others have given up and left.  You've given me your love, even when I felt I least deserved it.  You've forgiven me, when I really didn't deserve it. 

I thank you for all that you have done for me.  Thank you for loving me.  Thank you for being my best friend for so long.  Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life and a part of your story.  Thank you for your time.  Thank you for stretching your heart so wide that it covered me and helped me weather through all the storms that I came across.  Thank you for just being you.  I really don't think I can ever thank you enough.

Friend, I will take your advice and live one day at a time.  Like you, I too shall cultivate my hopes and dreams.  And like you, I shall take what life gives to me on a daily basis.  I don't know what the future holds and I will stop trying to figure it out.  What I do know is that I would've never gotten this far along without you.  I will continue to hold you in my heart.  I will continue to love you. I will continue to only wish wonderful things for you and your life.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friend must be very special to you? I hope you guys forgive each other. I'm pretty sure your friend has been following you all along, but never made you notice or aware his/her where about...

My Favorite Things said...

Anonymous, I know my Friend. I know of his whereabouts. I know his thoughts. I know his motivations. I know he thinks of me. I know he comes to me in my dreams. I know him. At this time, it's not about forgiveness anymore. It's about the future and where to go from here. It's a matter of whether our paths will cross again or not.

Anonymous said...

When one door closes, another opens. We tend to focus so much on the closed door that we fail to notice the new open door. ~ML K.