Sunday, December 15, 2013

My Awesome Fonts

My trial font.  How cute, cool, and kooky?
I've been busy working on one of my creative projects.  Somehow, me working on it lead to something else, which lead me to something else.  I eventually came across this blogger that mentioned an app she purchased called iFontMaker.  It allows one to make her own fonts on a tablet or computer.  How awesome is that?  I've been wanting to make my own fonts for the longest time, but it's time consuming.  I know that for something much more complicated and detailed, I will have to follow the "old" method, but for a simple set of alphabets, this app is awesome.

So, I purchased that app and tried it out.  I LOVE IT!!!  So cool.  I came up with my own font.  Whether it I actually use it, who knows.  Don't ask me why my letter "E" has two "8" and a smiley face next to it.  It just does because it's my font.  Also, my letter "Z" is supposed to be wearing a mask and has a mustache, like "Zorro."  

What do you think of my trial font letters?

To purchase iFontMaker, just Google it and you can purchase it from the Windows or Apple store.

Check out the blogger's story of using iFontMaker at:  http://deborahmarcero.com/hand-drawn-font-making-app/

If you want to find out more about the "older" way of making your own font, check out this webpage: http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Create_Your_Own_Font

No comments: