Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tuesday's Tune: Life Goes On



Can you believe that it has been twenty years since Tupac Shakur passed away?  He passed away on September 13, 1996, but still continues to impact the world.  This article talks about the ways that his legacy is still felt in the world.

Having grown up in an urban city, in California, in the 1990's, it was hard to ignore Tupac Shakur and his music.  It was an anthem to many many, regardless of race.  So, today, I wanted to share my favorite Tupac song.  I love this song too, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd choose "Life Goes On."

I don't even know if I can explain why this is my favorite Tupac song and even if I could, I think it's going to be a complicated explanation.  I guess the simplest explanation is that the lyrics mean a lot to me, especially since my brother's death.  The song reminds me to continue to live my life, continue to remember those who have passed, but to keep living life because it's short.

What do you think of this song?  What is your favorite Tupac song?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite rapper of all time by far and Biggie. Time has come and gone since I was a young boy listing to their music is Cali.

A new young artist is singing like Tupac in Sact-town...

https://youtu.be/aULKclq7RI4