Monday, March 24, 2014

Easy Meditation Mantra

I am sorry.
Please forgive me.
I love you.
Thank you.

How simple is it to repeat those four lines over and over and over, and actually mean it?  Apparently, this simple mantra comes from a Hawaiian practice called Ho'oponopono

I've been trying to meditate throughout last year.  I've been good about it and I've also been negligent about it.  I credit meditation in helping me find my path when I felt the most lost and restoring my heart when it was the most broken.  I read up on a lot of mediation techniques and mediation mantras.  Usually, I find a quiet place to sit comfortably (you can lie down to meditate too) and place my arms by my side.  I like to close my eyes when meditating, and slowly breathe in and out of my nose.  I try to clear my mind as much as possible during the meditation and set an intent to meditate for a certain amount of time.

I very very recently came across the Ho'oponopono mantra and found it very useful.  Once I'm in my meditation position, I take several breaths to loosen up my body.  I then I focus on a person or something that I am asking forgiveness for.  Next, I silently repeat in my mind, "I am sorry, please forgive me, I love you, thank you."

Tonight, I really felt the urge to meditate and found this mantra so helpful.  I will keep practicing this mantra.  I often find meditation so hard because I have a hard time keeping my mind quiet (which really is the goal of meditation -  quieting the mind).  Yet, I have found that continued practice of meditation does help with my emotional well being and clarity of thought.

I hope that you do try this meditation mantra.  If you do , please let me know.  Please also go read more about this mantra at these following websites:
http://www.thenonconformingprofessional.com/easy-meditation-technique.html
http://awoodfield.empowernetwork.com/blog/i-love-you-im-sorry-please-forgive-me-thank-you-the-hooponopono-mantra-meditation

No comments: