Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tuesday's Tune: INDEPENDENT



I have never heard this song before, but my co-worker thought this song, INDEPENDENT, by Webbie, featuring Lil Phat and Lil Boosie, describes my independent spirit.  Of course not all of the lyrics to INDEPENDENT are applicable to me (really, it's not all applicable).  My co-worker felt the song best captures my "hard core" independent spirit a lot better than another song, which she thinks is too sugary and pop.

This song gave me a good laugh.  I don't even understand all the lingo that's used in the song.  Yet, I do love some of the lyrics (e.g. "She cook, she clean, never smell like onion rings.").  Plus, it's fun to spell out I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T in the hook.  Please go to this page for the lyrics.  (I suggest listening to the song while reading the lyrics, even though I don't think all the lyrics are correct.)

Have you heard of this song before?  What do you think of the song?  For those who know me, does the spirit of the song aptly describe my independence?

No comments: