Saturday, December 7, 2013

My One Big "Do Over"

Do you have one "do over" that you wish you could have?  I do.  

I was rewatching the movie "13 Going on 30."  It's such a kooky and charming movie.  The movie came out in 2004 and stars Jennifer Garner, whose character is named Jenna.  In the middle of the movie, Jenna asks her mother if she could have a "do over" and what would it be.  Of course, her mother says that she wouldn't do anything over because all of her experiences contributed to making her the person she is.

I'm in agreement with that statement.  I like to think I still have a lot of living to do, and so far I don't have regrets or would change any of my experiences.  Yes, that includes my chaotic upbringing, the lonely paths I've taken in my life to reach my dreams, and even my bad relationship choices (yes dude, I don't regret you).

But like I said, if there's one do over I could have, I would redo this one moment in time:  I would tell my brother that I loved him before he died. I don't even see this "do over" as a regret or even changing my experience.  I'm not wishing that the situation would've never happened because I can't speculate on what could've been done by may family and me to save him (and it would drive me nuts thinking about all the "what if" scenarios).  Instead, I like to think that I could've added more to my life experience by being more expressive and letting my brother know that he is loved.  So that is my one do over I wish I could have.

Do you have a "do over" you wish you could have?

No comments: