Monday, December 30, 2013

Books of 2013

I was hoping to add one more book to the list, but I know that I'm not going to finish it by tomorrow night, so the following is a list of the books I read this year: 

1.  Bird by Bird---Anne Lamott
2.  The Mill River Recluse---Darci Chan
3.  On Writing---Stephen King
4.  Because We Are---Ted Oswald
5.  Astrid and Veronika---Linda Olsson
6.  The Kite Runner---Khaled Hosseini
7.  Water for Elephants---Sarah Gruen
8.  Lost and Found---Jacqueline Sheehan
9.  What was Lost--Katherine O'Flynn
10.  The Birds of East Africa---Nicholas Drayson
11.  The Call---Yannick Murphy
12.  Warm Bodies---Isaac Marion
13.  A Virtuous Woman---Kaye Gibbons
14.  The Monk Upstairs--Tim Farrington
15.  The Book Thief---Markus Zusak
16.  The Lovely Bones---Alice Sebold
17.  Garden Spells---Sarah Addison Allen

I already wrote a review about The Book Thief.  It's definitely my favorite book among all the fiction I read this year.
There are two books where I really loved the characters, although not necessarily the book itself.  I enjoyed Lost and Found by Jacqueline Sheehan and What was Lost by Katherine O'Flynn.  In Lost and Found, I really enjoyed the author's depiction of the black labrador, so much so that it made me want a dog.  I really enjoyed Katherine O'Flynn's characters in her book and found the main protagonist really believable.

Have you read any of these books?  What book(s) did you read this year?

No comments: