Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday's Quote: Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

"Talent does what it can; genius does what it must."---Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton


Regardless if you aspire to share your inner talent or your genius with someone else other than yourself, you still must start somewhere.  So, because today is the first day of November, I want to encourage everyone who wants to write to participate in NaNoWriMo, known as National Novel Writing Month.

I wrote about NaNoWriMo back on November 8, 2007. One can participate in it for free.  The purpose of NaNoWriMo is to get people to write a 50,000 word novel in one month, regardless of how bad the prose is.  Just get the thoughts and ideas down own paper.  It will be frustrating and may be an uphill battle.  At the same time it is inspiring because you know that thousands of others are participating and are in the same boat as you.  I would suggest that even if you don't choose to write a novel, use this opportunity to write every single day, may it be on your blog, in a journal, or even mini-short stories. 

As for myself, I will work on editing my novel.  I was thinking of starting a third novel, but I'm taking the advice of a friend and will just focus on what I have right now and finish it.  This month will be a hard month, but I know that it will be well worth it.  I hope that you will join me and many many others this month and write.

Sign up and/or check out NaNoWriMo at:  http://nanowrimo.org/

For more background information about NaNoWriMo, go to this webpage:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Novel_Writing_Month

No comments: