Saturday, November 2, 2013

Rockin' New Tunes

Lately, it hasn't been my intention to blog about the music I've been listening to. There just happens to be so much good music coming out and so much good existing music that takes me back to a different time and place.  Since one of the purpose of my blog is to write about my favorite things, I might as well share some of the music I'm chilling out to.

I love the beat in this song, especially the chorus:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PLifPUIuic

This song really reminds me of the simpler times when I was younger when one's identity was all wrapped up in the car that one drove.  It makes me think of the times I spent with my former beau who always wanted a race car with blue headlights and he thought he was a "G."  What a dork!  Still, this song makes me want to jump into a cool-ass car and throw up a finger in the air.

Now, I don't understand the context of this song, but I'm loving the beat:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g03b4U_aPk

I actually love some of the lyrics from this song because it resonates with me.  My favorite line is, "I'm kinda older now than when I rebelled without a care."  Once more, I don't totally understand what the entire song means, but I'm happy to put this song on repeat and just dance away.

Now, this last song, I love the old school beat and feel it has: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dls6lgpBDyY

This song makes me want to grab onto someone and do the shuffle.  Yeah, the two of us slowly shuffling away.

I hope you enjoy these songs.  Let me know what you think about the songs.  What songs are you chilling to at the moment?

No comments: