Saturday, June 1, 2013

Last Friday Night: Electric Run 5k

"Last Friday night, Yeah we maxed our credit cards
And got kicked out of the bar, So we hit the boulevard


Last Friday night, We went streaking in the park
Skinny dipping in the dark, Then had a menage a trois"
  --- Katy Perry,  "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)"

Waiting for the race to start.
Now, I've maxed out my credit cards, got kicked out of a club and hit the boulevard.   Secretly, I wished that I had gone streaking in the park and went skinny dipping in the dark, although I'm not too sure about the menage a trois.  What I did last Friday night was much more tame, but still just as fun.
My glow-in-the-dark mustache and goatee.  Do you like?
So last Friday night (just last night), I participated in the Electric Run 5k.  It was quite an experience and I'm so glad my coworker talked me into doing it.  The race totally reminded me of my college years because I felt as if I was at a rave throughout the entire race, even though I've  never been to a rave in my entire life.
It says, "I (heart) the Rock."
There were neon lights, black lights, glow-in-the-dark paint, glow sticks/bracelets/necklaces, crazy people wearing crazy outfits, beautiful lit up displays, and lots of techno/electronic music.  I walked the entire race (I still have hip issues) trying to avoid the huge puddles (it had rained and hailed throughout the day).  I also danced and sang during the race too.  I painted my face and the top of one of my hands (I wanted to write on both) with glow in the dark paint.  I tried to do a tribute to Fast and Furious 6, but was only able to write on one hand because the paint wouldn't dry and I didn't want the paint all over my clothes.
I had so much fun and was glad to be doing something atypical on a Friday night.  Hope you had a great Friday night.  What did you do last Friday night?



No comments: