Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Brothers and Sisters

In a blog post dated November 4, 2011, I wrote briefly about my deceased brother.  Lately, with all of the things going on in my life, I've been thinking about writing about him.  More specifically, I'd use his death and the circumstance of his death as a springboard to write about my family and about some of the cultural issues and other things related to his death.

It's just an idea.  Really, this idea has been percolating in my head for a very long time.  At this point, I don't care if what I write ever officially gets published.  In the end, I hope that my writing would be a labor of love, a way to chronicle a moment in time in my family, a way to figure out what happened to my brother, and maybe a way to raise awareness.  My ultimate hope, if it ever gets to the published stage, would just be that I can print off several copies of my writing and give it to my immediate family members.

I've been thinking about how to go about writing about my brother and my family.  Of course, I think that I will need the blessings of my family members (especially my brothers and sisters) if I were to try and move forward with this endeavor because it would require their participation.  More importantly, it would require their acknowledgement that some of their private thoughts may no longer be private.

Sisters and brothers, brothers and sisters, my siblings, what do you think?

No comments: