Monday, December 31, 2012

Books of 2012

The following are the books I read during the 2012 year.  This year, I finally met my goal of reading at least one book per month.  I actually enjoyed all the books I read this year.  If I had to choose one book, then I'd recommend The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller.  I enjoyed the simple story and how it was told.  I would also recommend The Personal History of Rachel Dupree by Ann Weisgarber, although I found the beginning of the book a bit hard to get into.  I found the historical aspect of the book interesting, despite feeling that there were other issues that could have been expanded and explored.  Lastly, I really enjoyed the magical elements of Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiwan, even if some of the issues seemed to hit close to home.

1.  The Other Side of Air by Jeanne Braselton
2.  Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan
3.  The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller
4.  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
5.  Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
6.  Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
7.  The Last Letter From Your Lover by Jojo Moyes
8.  Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahme-Smith 
9.  Killing Ruth by Christina Scwhartz
10.  The Help by Kathryn Stockett
11.  Of Love and Other Demons by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
12.  The Personal History of Rachel Dupree by Ann Weisgarber
13.  The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
14.  Lost Men by Brian Leung
15.  Sad Monsters by Frank Lesser

What books did you enjoy this past year?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had that much time to read. Did I mention I dislike reading?

My Favorite Things said...

Anonymous, reading does take time, but I made it a priority. As I stated in my past blog posts, I set a personal goal (not a New Year resolution) to read at least 12 books in a year. Some years I meet my goal, other years I don't. I always try to strive for 12 books in a year.

I'm sorry to hear that you dislike reading. Hopefully, you don't give up and come across a book that will change your mind and makes you not want to set it down.

Aplysia Oceanography said...

I think the only books we have in common are the Hunger games trilogy. Was Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter good? I was meaning to read it. The movie was surprisingly good. I was pondering if I should read it or not. I have been busy, but I should read Life of Pi. :) The intro seems really interesting already. Do u know if it's suppose to be based on a true story or something. The beginning makes it sound like it is. Or maybe it's a story within a story. I guess I should just read it to find out.

My Favorite Things said...

Aplysia Oceanography, actually Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter isn't too bad. It's an interesting twist on Lincoln's life. I will admit that the structure of the book gets a bit annoying, but overall it's a good book.