Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday's Quote: Sallust

"Harmony makes small things grow, lack of it makes great things decay."---Sallust

Since I started gardening, I have always tried to grow things as organically as possible.  Of course there's the health benefits when one eats or lives organically, but the other is the fact that the fewer chemicals there are in my garden, the more harmony there is in getting my plants to grow.  For example, I don't fertilize my grass (in fact I've been trying to grow other things in place of grass), I try to water my plants with collected rain water, and I don't spray for "pests."

I've tried letting mother nature take care of my garden in her own way to ensure a constant harmony.  I really do love my garden (despite it being so small and messy) and all of my plants.  Of course, I never want to see my garden in decay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a picture of your messy garden and I'll be the judge of it?