Sunday, June 3, 2012

An Apricot or Two

I have a Sungold apricot tree (at least I think it's a Sungold) that came with my home.  I recall seeing blossoms on that tree the first spring after I purchased my home.  Yet, I never got any fruit from the tree.  The main reason for the lack of fruit is probably due to the fact that the tree needed another apricot tree to pollinate it, more specifically a Moongold apricot tree.

Of course, I never got around to getting a Moongold apricot tree, until this year. I thought that before purchasing, I would double check if the exiting tree was a Sungold apricot tree.  As I was looking for the tag, unfortunately it was torn off, I noticed that there were a handful of little apricots on the tree.  I presume that someone around my neck of the woods must have an apricot tree too.  Anyhow, I can't believe the little fuzzy green fruit growing right before my eyes.  Of course, I'm sure I would have gotten more fruit, had there been another pollinating tree, but I'm excited to see these fruits.  I will try my best this year to get another apricot tree.  I really do hope that I'll get at least an apricot or two this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so good with some chilly pepper and salt...My mouth is so watery right now. G

Anonymous said...

BTW...I like your new profile picture. G

My Favorite Things said...

Thanks G. Hope you are growing your own fruit in your own neck of the woods too.