Saturday, October 18, 2008

Kentucky Impressions



This is my first time in Kentucky. While my mate is out fishing, I've been driving around looking for things to do. We're staying not too far from the Kentucky Dam Valley and about twenty miles away from the city of Paducah, Kentucky. Since Paducah was the closest city with the most attractions, I spent my moring there today. There was even a store that specialized in sock monkeys. There were a lot of antique stores and even a small farmer's market.

I guess the area I'm staying in is somewhat rural, therefore lacking in walking paths and sidewalks. Even the Kentucky Dam Valley (which consists of picnic areas, a marina, and forested areas) lacks walking paths. As much as I'd like to explore, it's pretty hard to do so without a car. I don't even think that there's public transporation in that area. So far, it's been an intersting stay and the weather has been wonderful (high-70s during the day and mid-40s at night), but I'm ready to go home.

No comments: