Monday, October 20, 2008

Home, Home, Home

I've missed my home. I usually don't get this attached to my home, but I'm really glad to be home. We drove all night to get home, of course we stopped for a little rest at a gas station, considering that the drive took 12-hours .

So how can I best characterize my stay in Kentucky? Well, it was a nice stay, but I couldn't help but feel like an outsider. One, the area I was in was not that diverse and two, I didn't have an accent (they have really pretty Kentucky accents). I made an effort to eat at restaurants (even if it was a chain restaurant) that can't be found in Minnesota (such as Waffle House), although it was hard to find vegetarian options (practically all of the salad options had meat in it) and anything that wasn't overly cooked with fat or deep fried. The weather was beautiful during the day and I driving on the meandering roads brought nostalgic memories of my youth. Overall, like I said, my stay wasn't bad, but I'm really glad to be home.

No comments: