Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Tuesday's Tune: Labriynth



This song is also from Taylor Swift's new Midnights album. I love this song because it perfectly captured the mood and the feelings I had during a rough time in my life. I've written about that time before, but I believe this song perfectly captured my mood.

During that time, my Mr. Man and I was no longer together (and that was my fault). I had a reckoning with an ex-boyfriend who really made me feel like crap. (Why I thought so highly of him, I have no freaking idea!) I was at a low point in my life and felt worthless. I didn't think I deserved to be loved and I thought I wasn't worthy of anyone. I was really in a labrinyth of my own mind and felt lost. But I met someone great and he helped me to find myself again. At the time, I didn't realize how great he was for me and only now as I look back do I realize that he saved me from myself. 

I remember one particular morning, wanting to be sad but not being able to and found myself being happy. I realized it was because he came in and brightened up my world. He brought a lot of love and life into my own world, and I suddenly found myself falling in love again.  While I didn't appreciate him and it was my fault that we have moved on our separate ways (really, do you see a theme here???), I am not ashamed to admit that he was such a force of good in my life and I will forever be grateful to him.

What do you think of this song? Does it remind you of a particular time in your own life too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The song is not as catchy as her other songs but defiantly has a meaningful story within the song itself.

This songs sounds like a old dinosaur that has been asleep for a very long time and also needed to be awaken by someone special. We all make mistakes, no one is prefect in this world so don't beat up yourself to much for the past. For I have a lot to learn about my past however I am grateful for all the people who has cross path with me too.

Dino