Friday, July 2, 2021

Friday's Quote: Audrey Hepburn

Hello, Lovelies. Is it already July? I've been gone for too long. It wasn't intentional. I've had so many blog post ideas, but life kept getting in the way. I've been trying to find time to blog and write in these semi-trying times (only semi-trying because there are effective vaccines for Covid-19).

Life as I once knew isn't the same anymore. I'm trying to get it near to what it once was. Of course, it may never get back there. Yet, I'm finally trying to insert some kind of control over my life. For the past year and a half, it's been my Mr. Man, and my boys. I was distance-learning with my oldest, and trying to entertain all of my children while Mr. Man worked from home.

Amid the chaos of living through a pandemic, the only constant I had was my gardening. In the summer of 2020, I returned to gardening again and dreamed big. Gardening saved my mental health during a time when there was so much uncertainty and so much quarantining. It was wonderful to not only see things grow and dream of a bigger garden (and a happier, brighter tomorrow), but to start teaching my boys about gardening.

Then this summer, I really expanded my gardens. I love being in my gardens and I don't even care if there's nothing for me to do. I love being with my plants and checking on them. I find watering is a chore (I have been thinking about installing drip irrigation), but it is time alone with my plants. It's also, believing in tomorrow and a future. Even though it's barely July, I'm already noting what I'm going to do differently for 2022 and what I hope to plant.

How are you doing? How does your garden grow? 
 

No comments: