Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Tuesday's Tune: Little Something



I came across this song, "Little Something," by an EDM group, Above & Beyond, which features Justine Suissa.  Now, there could be multiple meanings attached to this song.  I think the writer of the song, one of the members of Above & Beyond, wrote the song to describe fame as being the "little something."  Some people may ascribe the song's reference of "little something" to a special person that made an impact in their lives.  Everyone has their own interpretation of this song.

When I first heard this song, I thought of my son.  He is my Little Something.  This sweet child of mine that really feels as if he came from nothing, and he really means everything to me.  I was so afraid of the changes I thought he would bring to my life, but to only find out that these changes weren't so bad and how much I needed the changes.

Now, I often feel guilty for not being around him enough and wonder how many moments I've missed out on because I leave him in the care of family members while working.  To be quite honest, I don't think I'm cut out to be a stay-at-home mom.  I just don't have the temperament.  At the same time, I know I'm missing out on many of his first moments.  I do admit that I love picking him up from daycare and seeing his happy smile (it's the highlight of my day).  He's the sweetest little boy and I can't ask for much more, my Little Something.

What or who is your "little something?"


No comments: