Monday, July 18, 2016

Garden Space

This corner lot was able to fit in various trees and bushes.
While in Philadelphia, I was so impressed by how residents used whatever space or created space for a garden.  Many of the homes were row houses with very little space for anything.  I noticed that some had a designated space in the back as a backyard, but that wasn't the norm. 




While not all residents chose to add greenery to their homes, those that did, made it work with whatever space they had.  Some added plants right into the ground of the little space that was available.  Many added planters to the front of their door or underneath their windows.  
 
 
Since the areas where I live isn't as built up as the City of Brotherly Love, I am much more appreciative of all the green space that I have to garden.  I don't love my grassy lawn much, but I am glad that I do have one and I can turn it into something else.
 
Are you limited in gardening and green space?  Or do you have lots of it and need to appreciate what you have?    
 
 

 


1 comment:

Aplysia Oceanography said...

that is really pretty. i have a back patio but no actual sun. hard for plants to actually get some growth.