Sunday, February 7, 2016

A Surprise . . . For Me

Yesterday, I walked in to what I thought was a potluck lunch, but turned out to be a surprise party thrown in my favor.  To say that I was shocked, is an understatement.  I was in complete disbelief and I teared up when I realized what was going on.

Apparently, my friends had been planning this party for some time.  They even informed my Mr. Man of it and he did a really great job keeping it quiet.  I was so humbled by their generosity and thoughtfulness.  

The party was low key, but so fun.  There were a lot of yummy foods, we had a lot of laughs, and we all, especially me, shared stories.  Like how all good modern day parties should be, we all enjoyed one another's presence and each other's company (and for an afternoon, put away our cell phones and ignored social media).  

I still have to send out my thank you cards, but I don't know how I can ever thank them enough.  I feel so blessed to have these women in my life, and to know that they thought of me is so very moving.  I don't get surprise parties as an adult, and I usually don't like surprise parties, but this one is one I will keep forever in my heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray...it was so kind of them! What was the occasion for?

My Favorite Things said...

Hi Anonymous, how are you doing? At some point in the future, I'll reveal what the party was for. Until then, if you're good at guessing, reread the following blog post, which contains a clue: http://nvfavoritethings.blogspot.com/2015/11/tuesdays-tune-new-day-has-come.html

Anonymous said...

WOW, I'm super happy for you and your husband. I thought it was for that but wanted to confirm. Congrats, it will bring lots of joy and happiness to you both.

My Favorite Things said...

Thank you, Anonymous. I'm glad that you're happy for us. I'm sure I'll let you know all about the trials and tribulations that comes with the job. I'm already sure that you already know from your own experience.