Sunday, December 27, 2015

Books of 2015

I'm not going to finish another book by the end of this year, so I'm posting the books that I've read this year.  

1. The Language of Flowers--Vanessa Diffenbaugh
2. The Peach Keeper--Sarah Addison Allen
3.  Unforgettable--Paulette Alden
4.  Lost and Found--Brooke Davis
5.  The Dress Shop of Dreams--Menna Van Praag
6.  The Love Song of Ms. Queenie Hennessey--Rachel Joyce
7.  Letters From Skye--Jessica Brockmole
8.  Cobweb Bride--Vera Nazarina
9.  The Taste of Apple Seeds--Katharina Hagena
10.  Witches of Lychford--Paul Cornell
11.  First Frost--Sarah Addison Allen
12.  Season of the Dragonflies--Sarah Creech
13.  Eight Hundred Grapes--Laura Dave
14.  Little Beach Street Bakery--Jenny Colgan

From the list above, I highly recommend  Lost and Found by Brooke Davis.  I love the three main characters (a little girl, an old man, and an older "senile" woman), and the story focuses on the three of them.  The author is from Australia, so if you are not from Australia, you'll come across some terminology that isn't too familiar.

The other book I'd recommend is Cobweb Bride by Vera Nazarina.  I think the story's inspired by the mythological tale of Hades and Persephone.  I love the author's writing style and the story's quite engaging.  This book is also the first in a trilogy, so be aware that you might need to get the second and third book in the series to find out what eventually happens.

Did you set a reading requirement for yourself this year?  Do you have any book recommendations? 

No comments: