Saturday, June 27, 2015

Strawberry Season


It's finally strawberry season in my neck of the woods.  I've actually been picking strawberries from my own tiny patch for the last several weeks, but the "U-pick" berry farms barely opened up this past week (we really have had a late spring and summer). So last night, I went berry picking. I picked more than I ate (always a good thing) and the strawberries are so sweet!  I could taste the sunshine and the rain in each berry.  The berries are so fragrant and would put a store bought Driscoll berry to shame. 


This morning, I also went berry picking again and brought a friend.  I was so happy to be able to share the experience with her and I do hope she had a wonderful time.  After our little foray into the berry patch, we spent the rest of the day making jam and a post about it will come soon in the near future.  I'm so glad that I made it a priority this year to go to the berry farm.


I hope you get a chance to go berry picking, wherever you are.  Please let me know if you're making jam, freezing your fruit, or have chosen to eat it all fresh.

No comments: