Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sunny and Cold

Today was a bright sunny day, but still cold.  The temperature's been in the teens and 20's during the last several weeks.  There hasn't been much snow this month and I'm a little afraid that we might be hit with at least one major snowstorm before May.  I'd rather have snow in January and February than March or April because I'm already looking forward to spring when March comes around.

Anyhow, this afternoon I took advantage of the sun and got in a run.  I was so happy to be running outdoors and listening to some new music (which I'll blog about this coming Tuesday).  There were some fierce winds and it was harsh to my face, but on my way back home, it wasn't too bad.  I don't mind running on the treadmill, but if I had to choose the treadmill or outdoors, I'd choose outdoors. For myself, I'd prefer to not stay static and be a part of my surroundings (even if that means running on the side of the road and hoping a car won't hit me).

I hope your day is going well.  I know most people are prepping for tomorrow's Super Bowl.  Still, I hope you got a chance to enjoy the outdoors.

No comments: