Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Quilted Project


I love homemade quilts.  The scrappier (quilts made from scrap pieces of fabric), the better.  I actually have two handmade quilts from my Friend, whose me-maw (grandmother) had sewn and made from scraps of fabric.  Each of her quilts are barely big enough to cover a full size bed, but are still in good shape and can still help keep a person warm.  I really love the quilt pictured above.  I don't know why, but I love how all the colors come together.


Well, I have lots of quilting projects still in process (with the intent of becoming a blanket).  Today, I decided to finally just figure out how many more blocks I needed in order to finish one of my darn blankets. I've been making a quilt using nine-patch blocks.  I'm embarrassed to say that this project is probably ten years old.  Over the years, I'd work on one block at a time and only if I felt like it.  Today, I finally got tired of wondering how many blocks were needed so that I could finish the darn blanket and laid it all out all the squares I had.  I originally intended for the blanket to be queen-size, but given the time I have not devoted to it, I'm happy with the blanket being a full-size.  Anyhow, I'm half way there.  I actually got some more blocks done today and just want this project finished.  Of course, I'll keep you updated.

Are you working on any lingering projects?


No comments: