Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Tuesday's Tune: Time After Time



Who does not love "Time After Time?"  It's a classic.  I love the original, as sung by Cyndi Lauper, and there several covers of the song that I'm pretty fond of.  It's the recent cover above, by Sophie May Williams, that I've been listening to in repeat in the last few days.

This girl competed in the UK's The Voice earlier this year.  She went far in the competition, although she wasn't crowned the winner (the winner is this person).  I love the jazz elements that she brings to the song.  When you hear her voice, you can tell that she has an old soul (I love old souls!).  She has such a beautiful voice.

If you want to watch her whole audition, then check it out here.  If you want to listen to her sing the entire song, then check it out here (which I think was videotaped before she competed in The Voice).  Let me know what you think.  I really do love her voice.

No comments: