Saturday, December 20, 2014

Soup Kick


I've been making soup from scratch.  More often as of late.  I think it's a sign that I've finally found my way back to who I am.  Or it could just mean that I've stopped being lazy, minimized my excuses, and just started cooking again.


First it was clam chowder, then potato soup, now it's chicken noodle (made especially for a sick friend).  Even though I don't eat chicken, the soup smells amazing.  I couldn't believe how easy it was to make too.  Super easy and quick.  I'll post a recipe at a later time because I still need to come up with the measurements.  In the meantime, there are lots and lots of recipes available online for homemade chicken noodle soup.

I must say, there really isn't anything like homemade soup.  Once you start making your own, you really can't go back to canned soup.  I intend to make some mushroom barley for myself, then see if I can make a really good vegetable soup.

Have you made your own homemade noodle soup (yes, this includes pho too)?  Do you have an awesome recipe that you'd like to share?

No comments: