Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tuesday's Tune: Freshman


This song takes me back to the mid-1990s when I was in college.  This song really reminds me of a particular time and place, and it really reminds me of certain people.  Once more, I don't know why I've been hearing this song, "Freshman" by The Verve Pipe, on the radio lately, but I thought that I'd share it today for Tuesday's Tune.

As tragic as this song is - apparently the song is about the singer's girlfriend who has an abortion and then commits suicide - it is quite catchy.  I also find an element of innocence in this song mirrors the innocence going on in my life at the time I heard the song.  So, each time I hear this song, it brings up fond memories from my life (despite somber lyrics).

I'm curious to know what you think of this song.  Have you heard this song before?  What do you think of this song?

No comments: