Saturday, October 25, 2014

Monster Dash 2014


Once again, I participated in the Monster Dash this morning.  As of last year's Halloween, I already knew what I wanted to dress up as - female Venom.  So, in preparation of the Monster Dash, I researched/brainstormed as to how to construct a running costume and the appropriate makeup for running a half marathon.  Yes, I chose to run the half marathon, not the 5K.  I also attempted to train, once again, for the half marathon.

All in all, I was happy with my costume.  I made my own shirt and spider logo and wore a pair of my running shorts.  I used Mehron as my makeup of choice. My application of the make up turned out okay, considering that I did most of it myself and didn't really have another artistic person to help me. I only had two hours (I actually got up at 5 a.m.) to apply my make up and execute other "details."  I really think that if I had more time and wasn't so tired, I would've done a much better job.  By the end of the race, I felt like I was a smeared sweaty mess, but much of my make up stayed on.  To be quite honest, the make up was really really hard to get off.

With regards to my running, well, lets just say I finished the whole half marathon.  I didn't beat my first personal record and finished this race at 2 hours and 38 minutes, still I didn't quit at the ten-mile mark and I finished!  My body's aching right now and it hurts to move.  I'm sure I'm going to really feel it tomorrow, but I'm feeling accomplished for the time being.

I'm already looking forward to next year's Monster Dash.  Of course, I don't know if I'm going to run the half marathon or the 5K.  I've been doing this run with my co-worker and so we both will decide when the time comes. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know you are keeping up with your run. Its always nice to see you get dress up and how creative you are coming up with your customs. My all time favorite has to be WW. IMO Also hope your hip is not acting up?

My Favorite Things said...

Anonymous, my hip is doing okay. I have my good and bad days. Yes, I did like my WW costume. So much so, that I even thought WW would end up with Superman. Oh well. . . Maybe in another parallel universe.