Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sisters in Texas

Known as the "Bayou," a paved trail curves and follows the canal.
 This past weekend I took a mini vacation and went to Texas.  My sisters and I gathered in Houston and enjoyed one another's company.  I wish I could've stayed longer (really, I wish I did).  Despite my short stay, I had a lot of fun and came back home more rested.

The Gulf of Mexico by Galveston, TX.
While in Texas, we mainly stayed close to Houston.  We exercised outside on the Bayou (the name of the local trail near my sister's home) and met my sister's friends.  During one of our outings, my sister took us to the City of Galveston, which apparently is an island.  We went to the beach and looked for "treasures" and then to a wine festival.  I ended up purchasing a painting, which I'm still trying to figure how to ship to MN.  We walked around Galveston's downtown and I even got a new haircut.  (I love my new hair style!)

My sister's treasures.

Lots of food and wine at the Galveston Wine Festival.
Every single day we ate crayfish, with the crayfish cooked/seasoned a different way each day.  One of my sisters didn't breathe while eating, afraid that breathing would mean less crayfish for her (LOL!).  We were also going to go to a national forest to hike (I would've loved it), but we didn't want to spend our time stuck in traffic (the traffic is BAD and their drivers are even worse).  So, we just spent our time watching a movie and season one of "The Real Husbands of Hollywood."
Crayfish, crawdads, or whatever you call them, we ate it every single day.
I was sad to leave, although it felt good to be home.  I left Texas's hot and humid weather and came home to weather that's cloudy, icy, windy, and cold.  I really enjoyed my time.  I love you sisters (all of my sisters) and thank you for loving me.

Have you been to Houston, TX?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks as though life has treated you well! Great pictures as always. Thanks for sharing!

My Favorite Things said...

You're welcome and thanks for the compliments.

Anonymous said...

Love you too ML Sr.

Our next trip is AK, as soon as the air ticket prices go down! Yee-ha. We coming Diamond Park!

ML jr KV

My Favorite Things said...

Yes, our next trip will be to AR, where all we'll do is dig in the dang dirt the entire time. LOL!