Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tuesday's Tune: What Did I Miss


Over the weekend, I watched the movie Think Like a Man.  It came out in 2012 and the sequel is coming out in June 2014 (yes, I'm a bit late in discovering this movie).  I really liked the movie.  What immediately caught my attention and still has me captivated was this song, "What Did I Miss" from this scene.  In the movie, it's known as Track 7.

After some research on the internet, apparently the song's written by Pop Wansel, but there isn't a full version of this song that's been released (it may have only been a mock song for the movie).  Regardless, I'm not the only one who's in love with the song.  The above cover of the song is the closest thing I could find to a "complete" song.  I know it's short, but the song conveys such a wistful mood.  Not all of the lyrics are correct in the above cover, so I've typed it up below (yes, I really do like this song a lot, not just the lyrics but the music).
 
Let me know what you think of this song.

What Did I Miss Lyrics, by Pop Wansel

Last night I had a dream about a dream
About you
(Yeah, yeah)

 Now every time I think
It seems to be
About you
(Yeah, yeah)

One minute I was over love
A second later I was a part of us
Where did you come from
When did it happen
Why am I in love
What did I miss

Last night I had a dream about a dream
About you


4 comments:

Aplysia Oceanography said...

i loved this movie! i actually wanna read the book just to read the advice in the book because i loved the movie so much.

on another note, have you seen "the Help?" If not, go watch it. it was awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is a lovely song. Too bad it isn't complete.

ML Jr.k

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is a lovely song. Too bad it isn't complete.

ML Jr.k

My Favorite Things said...

Yes, it is too bad that it's not a complete song. I still have it stuck in my mind. Oh well, lets see what else happens in the sequel Think Like a Man Too.