Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday's Tune: Heartbeat



Have you ever been in some kind of dance with another person, where you don't know if you're even in a relationship?  Even more confusing, you can't define what it is you have, you don't know where it's going, or if it's even going at all.  Yet, you can't let it or the person go because the thought of being without makes your heart beat so hard that it hurts.  And even when you think that you've presented a cool front and you intend to keep your heart to yourself, you realize that your heart has given away your true feelings because the other person can feel your heartbeat loud and clear.

This song, "Heartbeat," by Enrique Iglesias featuring Nicole Scherzinger, makes me think of all the "dances" I've had.  Apparently, this song came out in 2010, but I don't recall this song at all (really, where was I and what was I listening to?). 

Have you heard this song before?  What do you think of this song?

7 comments:

Aplysia Oceanography said...

I really like this song. It's actually really nice. I didn't know it came out either.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful song and the lyrics are touching however the song may not be as popular bc it was "enrique" who sang it. He not as popular any more.

ML Jr.k

My Favorite Things said...

I did a little research and I think the song wasn't released in the US but maybe only in Europe. That's probably why we didn't hear about it. I'm glad that you both like the song.

Anonymous said...

Was someone trying to steel your heart away? Who's heartbeat were you feeling? My heart was stolen, now it's lost and never found.

My Favorite Things said...

Anonymous, isn't your heart in WI and shouldn't you just go there and claim it?

Anonymous said...

Dang! Who is this Anonymous that lost their heart? I want to know! j/k.

-ML jr KV

My Favorite Things said...

ML Jr.KV, I think Anonymous never lost his/her heart. S/he always knew where it was at and have given it away again (and wanting to play the victim, thinking it was stolen). I think Anonymous is just a big fat liar or playing a not too funny joke.