Thursday, January 16, 2014

Maybe 13 is a Lucky Number

I did something last night that I haven't done in a loooong time.  I watched "American Idol."  I did.  I love the new format and I love the panel of judges, especially Harry Connick, Jr.  He's so witty, cool, smart (he schooled J-Lo about the pentatonic scale), and I love his bromance with Keith Urban.  Love it.  

Maybe this 13th season will be its luckiest so far.  Maybe this season, I'll watch the show in its entirety. The last time I did that was the year Carrie Underwood won, and prior to that season, it was the first season when Kelly Clarkson won.  Who knows, I might even vote this season.  I am liking how they've changed up the show.  It seems a lot fresher.  I'm glad that its main focus is on actual artists, not just people that could kinda sing or those using the show to get fame.  Maybe I'm just so old now, but I can't believe how young these contestants are.  Yes, it's just that, I'm getting too old.

Anyhow, I hope you check out this season of American Idol.  If you have, what do you think of the show so far?  Who's your favorite judge?

No comments: