Monday, January 20, 2014

Condolences

Image credit:  http://www.curiositiesbydickens.com/tag/winnie-the-pooh/

My former beau's father passed away last night and I send out my condolences to him and his family.  Even though he and I are no longer on a talking basis, it's still the right thing to do.  I still remember how he was there for my family and me when my brother passed away, even when we both had moved on with our respective lives (even to this day, despite all the BS that he put me through, I still appreciate him for coming to my brother's funeral).  To my former beau and his family, I wish them well and send them blessings of love.  As sad as his father's passing was, it's also fair to say that his father's lived a very long life.  I know that his father will forever stay in my former beau's heart.

It's definitely moments like these that really make me love and appreciate my parents even more.  I'm so lucky to still have both of my parents.  I actually know several people whose parent or both parents have passed and my heart always goes out to them.  At the same time, I also need to remind myself that even if a person has passed, that person will always be in the heart and always looking after us from afar.

Well, I hope you have a wonderful Martin Luther King, Jr. day.  Remember to tell those that you love, how much you love them and remember to love those who are already in your heart.  Stay warm and safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then you need to move back to Cali so we can be closer. Mom and dad are getting older...so you should spend the next 30 years w/us in Cali.
ML Jr.

My Favorite Things said...

ML Jr., I'd like to spend the next 30 years with you all in Cali, but I don't know if that's where I should be. Despite the distance from my family, I do have a life here (something that you all don't see because nobody visits me).