Sunday, December 22, 2013

Say Something



 
"Say Something," by the band, A Great Big World, is bit a depressing.  I've been listening to this song on the radio the last few weeks.  The lyrics speak to me and I really love the piano accompaniment, but it's such a sad song that sometimes I can't listen to it and will have to change the station.  If I'm in a particular mood, this song can really make me weep.

Recently, I came across this variation of the song which features Christina Aguilera.  There's also a video showcasing the collaboration between the band and Christina, but I find that their performance at the 2013 American Music Awards to be the best version of the song.  (I can really hear the vulnerability in their voices.)  Somehow, I find that the addition of  Christina's vocal adds some depth to the song and I'm less focused on the song's inherent sadness, and I'm focusing on the artistry and harmonizing of vocals.

Have you heard this song?  Will you say something on this blog?  I might just have to give up on you.

Here's the link to their video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U0Ivkn2Ds

No comments: