Sunday, October 27, 2013

Monster Dash 2013: Diving Around for Fun

I participated in the Monster Dash yesterday morning.  I was dressed up as a shark-attacked scuba diver, although I felt more like a dumpster diver (my costume was made from paper, foam and tape--and I used A LOT of tape).

For the last several weeks, the excitement in me was building up.  Those around me were well informed that I was super excited to participate in this year's race (I really didn't hide my excitement).  I didn't care that it would be cold outside nor did I care that I was only doing the 5k.  I was just so EXCITED and happy to participate.

The first year that I ran the Monster Dash, I followed through with making my costume but was very nervous because it would've been the first half marathon I was running.  Last year, I wasn't as excited because I participated in the 5k (I really wanted to run the half marathon) and didn't follow through with my costume.  This year, I participated in the 5k (due to hip issues) and I followed through with making my costume.  I also made a treasure chest and ran with it.  I even purchased the bare foot "five finger" running shoes to make it look like I was running in "flippers."   The real fun about this race is showing up in costume and getting to see what others are dressed up as.

The race was so fun and I'm glad that I do it every year with my co-worker.  I can't wait until next year.  Now, what should we dress up as in next year's Monster Dash?  Do you have any suggestions?

No comments: