Thursday, October 24, 2013

Honor Your Kaleidoscope Self

I came across a blogger who said that as humans, we are most happy when we honor our true nature.  Being yourself requires looking at all the colors that are within yourself and honoring the different aspects of you that's within.  All it requires is curiosity and awareness.

I'm noticing that among my family members, they each are opening themselves up to different aspects of their personality, something that wasn't there but is now present, and are trying new things.  For example, I would've never pictured my younger sister as someone interested in gardening, but this year she grew her own tomatoes.  I also never thought that my youngest sister would be as active as she is now, but she's participating in so many different races and triathalons.

As for myself, I'm finding that all of the my different aspects of me can coexist together.  For example, I don't drink alcohol, but that doesn't mean that I can't go out and dance the night away.  I'm acknowledging that I can fit new interests with my existing interests and, really, I'm the only person stopping myself.

So, I encourage you to honor your kaleidoscope self.  If you've been wanting to start a blog or write more often, then do it (write for yourself, not for someone else).  If you've been wanting to learn to sew or rebuild a car, then go for it.  You don't need to wait.  Honor yourself and do what will find you happiness.

So, how are you going to honor your kaleidoscopic self?

If you want to read the blogger's posting, please go here:  http://cauldronsandcupcakes.com/2013/10/21/your-kaleidoscope-soul/

No comments: