Sunday, October 13, 2013

An Autumn Hike



Today was a gorgeous autumn day.  It was so beautiful that I couldn't bear to stay indoors.  The weather was perfect (around the mid-6os), the colorful leaves were fluttering in the breeze, and the blue sky was so intense that it was hard to take my eyes off of it.  So, I went out for a hike.


I went back to a trail near Taylors Fall, one that I had hiked several summers ago.  The difference between then and now, the weather.  It made all the difference in the world.  I don't know why I didn't realize it until now, but autumn is the best time to go hiking in Minnesota.  I didn't have to worry about ticks or fight off mosquitoes or even worry about constantly hydrating myself.  The cool weather kept everything perfect and it was a great hike.  The wonderful foliage was an added bonus.


Maybe I'll start a tradition every autumn and go hiking at least once.  Last year, I found Barn Bluff.  This year, I checked out Taylors Fall in autumn.  I hope to be able to get away sometime soon for another hike or two before it gets too cold.


Are you enjoying your day so far?  Do you have any hikes planned in the near future?  If so, where are you going?

No comments: