Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Street Fighter: 25 Years

Picture credit:  cepillo16.deviantart.com
 If you don't know what Street Fighter is, then you've missed out on a lot.  Yet, it's never too late and there's still time.  Street Fighter is a video game that came out in 1987.  I have no idea what incarnation it's in right now, but it's still around.  I love Street Fighter!  I played the game and am a big fan of the game, but I'm an even bigger fan of the art and the storytelling.

I came across this video on YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gZBITO5GwI

WOW, did this video ever bring back memories from my own life.  As I was watching the video, I was taken back to Fresno, CA and remember watching my cousin Chao and my brother Kao playing the game at some store.  I remember being in college and waiting around for my beau to take his turn to challenge the reigning player at the arcade (players would just line up their quarters on the arcade and wait their turn).  I remember playing the game at home with my siblings, which was never quiet, but full of shouting, screaming, and taunting (all done in the name of love).
Ryu Picture credit:  www.egmnow.com
My favorite Street Fighter character is Ryu.  I loved his back story and he is super cute.  Anyhow, check out the video if you have time, even for the first fifteen minutes.  Does the video take you back to a more innocent time?  What is your favorite Street Fighter memory?  Do you have a favorite Street Fighter character?

No comments: