Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Before and After: My Spare Room

I have a spare room in my home that my brothers once occupied.  One brother used it then left.  Then another used it and left.  After my last brother left, he left the room in shambles.  Not only did I have to clean up after him (there was so much trash), but I had to figure what to do with the things that couldn't easily be thrown away (e.g. the bed and the fishes).


The "before" pictures of the spare room, as how my brother left it for me.
I've already chronicled what I did with the fishes.  As for the bed, rather than remove and replace it, I opted to just leave it in that room and allow my guests to use it.  I made some cosmetic changes to the room (e.g. changed the drapes, changed the lamp, and changed the bedding, moved the fish tank out, added a picture of two).  Yet, I really think it was just good ole elbow grease and throwing away trash that made a big difference.


The "after" pictures of the spare room.
Overall, I'm happy with how the room looks right now, although I would love to add some colors to the wall.  The room still feels as if it's missing something, but for the time being, I'm happy with it.  What do you think I should add to it or what color I should paint the room?
 

No comments: