Thursday, September 5, 2013

Atomic Ranch

Mid century modern design/style was all the rage several seasons ago because of the television show Mad Men.  I don't exactly know how I became interested in the mid century modern design, but I don't think it was due to Mad Men.  Anyhow, I've been interested in this design because it looks modern, the lines are clean, and it can be quirky.  I'm not always in love with everything mid century modern, but overall I'm pretty smitten with it.
 
According to an article in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Century_modern), "mid century modern" is defined as,
 
an architectural, interior and product design form that generally describes mid-20th century developments in modern design, architecture, and urban development from roughly 1933 to 1965.
 
So, I've come across this magazine called Atomic Ranch, which focuses on mid century homes and products.  I love Atomic Ranch!  I wish someone would give to me a lifetime subscription to Atomic Ranch as a gift (for the time being, please don't bother because I currently have a subscription).  I love looking at the pictures of the homes and all things mid century modern.  If you have time, want ideas or are looking to redecorate your home, check out Atomic Ranch at http://www.atomic-ranch.com/
 
Are you a fan of the mid century modern design/style? 
 
If you're interested in another article about a mid century modern home renovation, check out this website:  http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/jason-weinbecks-mid-century-fr-92430

No comments: