Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day and a Plant Sale

Happy Mother's Day to all.  I hope you've wished your mother a great day.  Today, I decided to attend the Friends School Plant Sale.  It's an annual plant sale, often occurring during Mother's Day weekend, that takes place on the grounds of the MN State Fair.  All proceeds from the plant sale go to the Friends School of Minnesota (a Quaker school in St. Paul, MN).
The Black Tartarian cherry tree in the front (on the right) and the Stark Gold cherry tree in the back (on the left).
This was my first time attending and I chose to attend during the last day, when the price of all plants were reduced by thirty percent.  I wanted another cherry tree because my Stella cherry tree didn't survive the winter.  Well, I came home with two sweet cherry trees, a Black Tartarian and a Stark Gold.  I really hope both of these trees will survive the winter and be able to fruit.  I really loved the plant sale and even hope to volunteer next year.  
The graft knot of my Lapis cherry tree.  The top is the grafted Lapis cherry tree (it's still alive).
If you want to find out more information about the plant sale, check out the following website:  http://friendsschoolplantsale.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but
after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up.
Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say excellent blog!



eric gray buffalo ny

Anonymous said...

After looking at a handful of the articles
on your web site, I honestly appreciate your way of blogging.
I book-marked it to my bookmark webpage list and will be
checking back in the near future. Take a look at
my website too and let me know how you feel.

eric gray buffalo ny