Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday's Quote: Andre Gide

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."---Andre Gide



In the last several years of my life, I have not been wanting to discover new oceans.  I had been content in staying on the shores of where I have been.  Of course, I recognize that some times in life, regardless of my wants, I may have to discover new oceans.

So, with each passing day, I am building my courage to lose sight of the shoreline and to look towards the ocean.  It may be a time of new adventure and to discover new oceans.  I just need to have faith and courage to believe that no matter what happens, I will be happy in the long run.

How about you, how you losing sight of the shore to discover new oceans?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shorelines, why wouldn't anyone want that?

Anonymous said...

Nice ocean view

My Favorite Things said...

Thanks Anonymous. I love the ocean. Lately, I've noticed that I've been collecting a lot of pictures/paintings depicting water, rivers, and oceans.

Unknown said...

There are always greener pastures on the other side...once you let the old ones go.