Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wonder Woman and Superman, Together at Last?

[Photo credit:  D.C. Entertainment]

Some people don't know that I'm a closet comic book fan.  I really prefer old fashioned American comic books over Japanese manga and anime.  I am more interested in the D.C. comic universe than the Marvel universe, but I do like to keep up here and there in the Marvel universe (can you believe that Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson no longer were married in2008).  Those who know me really well will know who are my all-time favorite male and female comic book characters (BTW, it's not Superman and Wonder Woman).  Yet, I will stop digressing.

I just wanted to blog about this "shocking" development in a "reboot" of the D.C. universe that these comic characters live in.  Apparently, Superman and Wonder Woman may have had flings in past comic book story lines, but this time it appears that the two characters are meant to be a more permanent "power couple."  I guess there's no more Superman and Lois Lane.  It also sounds as if many fans have hoped for this to occur for some time.  I guess there is a time and place for their relationship to occur, it just took some time.

The comic book came out yesterday and it's the Justice League, Issue 12 I think I might pick it up if it's available at the comic book store.  If you're interested in reading more about this development between the two superheros, check out the following website:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/27/superman-wonder-woman-justice-league-official-kiss_n_1833367.html

So, have you hoped/fantasized that Wonder Woman and Superman would finally get together?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time those two got together! Sometime it just take patience and time to whether the strom. CG

My Favorite Things said...

CG, I guess it was about time. They sure do make a good looking couple too. I guess you are right, it is about having patience and time, but I also wonder how their paths crossed again? I guess I really need to check out the comic book.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, I need to find out too. How they got together. CG

My Favorite Things said...

Well CG, if you find out how these two finally get together, then don't tell me. I'd like to be surprised.

Anonymous said...

Well. The girl whos playing Lois lane ain't even hot. The one from smallville is better. So yeah. She doesn't deserve the hero.

Anonymous said...

BTW. This is mein

My Favorite Things said...

You are such a hater Mein. Quit hating. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Lol. I'm not hating. It's true

Aplysia Oceanography said...

Aww....I'm so sad. Lois and Clark. that's how it's suppose to be. I really like the idea of regular people dating superheroes. That's the whole point. The whole superheroes dating superheroes makes all of us normal people look too normal.

Aplysia Oceanography said...

I prefer manga/anime but I do keep up with marvel and dc world also.

Anonymous said...

I prefer manga too. But I really do just like the good old story lines of the American comics. The reboots are okay. But I read summary of the new hulk series and I hated it. He was sent away for being too dangerous. Then conquered that planet n his ships blows up killing his wife. Then blames it on people on earth. Comes back and kicks everyone's ass. Like omg. They made him too strong. No fun anymore.

Mein.

Anonymous said...

We are what we are, just normal people that no cares for? Thus we must find someone similar so that we can relate too. CG

My Favorite Things said...

CG, I agree with you that sometimes, a person just needs another who is similar so that they each can relate and share on the same level. Sometimes I wonder if Lois Lane actually understands all that Superman has to go through (I think Wonder Woman would definitely know what Superman experiences). At the same time, Superman and Lois Lane are the definitive couple of overcoming the odds to be together as a couple.

Aplysia Oceanography, don't be sad. This is just another chapter in the superheros' many many lives.