Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Spanking Brand New Car

I bought a car!  And not just a "used-but-new-to-me" car.  A spanking brand new car.  I purchased a 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid.
I won't go in all the details about why I had to get a new car.  I just had to buy a new car.  I have to say, I'm the worst at feeling good about having purchased a brand new car (I was literally crying at the dealership and it was not a good cry).  I don't feel happy at all.  Just sad that I had to buy a new car.  So, why am I so sad?  I guess I'm sad to let go of my old car.  There were a lot of memories and it's awful to let it go (probably because the car really reminded me a lot of my former beau).  At the same time, despite having gotten a hybrid (a feature I really wanted in a car), every time I see my new car, I see myself bleeding money left and right.  I guess it just comes with owning a car (e.g. plates, gas, paid parking, etc.,).
I'll try my best to enjoy my new car.  BTW, I really hate that that new car smell.  I wish it was more neutral smelling.  Have you ever purchased a spanking brand new car before?  How was your experience?  Was it better than mine?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only are you growing your own greens, but now you are going more green then ever with the purchase of you hybrid car. I'm so happy for you that you are becoming more a portlanda! Have you seen that tv show! G

My Favorite Things said...

G, are you referring to that show "Portlandia?" If you are, yes I have and I don't think I'm anything like the people depicted in "Portlandia." I'm trying to be more "green," but I don't think I'm doing my best. :(