Monday, June 25, 2012

Bracing for a Hot Week or Two

Last week, it rained on and off so I didn't have to water my garden much.  Right now, my yard is actually quite lush and I have to cut my grass, in addition to weeding my vegetable garden.  For the next ten days, it's predicted that it will be very very hot, getting into the mid-90s by Wednesday.  Even though there are predictions of a slight chance of rain, I don't think I'll be getting much rain at all.  I hope that I'll have enough water saved up in my rain barrels to water my plants until the next rainstorm.    Even though I have two rain barrels, I'm debating whether I should purchase two more or whether I should just set up a system to use the lake water to water my garden during a dry spell.  I'll mull over this for a little bit more.

Anyhow, how is the weather in your neck of the woods? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the sound of it you have a pretty big yard? How do you go about cutting your grass with a push mower?

Its good to hear you are trying to conserve water from the rain. If you wanted to use the water from the lake use a water pump that has a connection to a garden hose. You should be able to find them at Home Depo or Lowe. Good luck. G