Saturday, January 7, 2012

Goodbye Friend

My Friend, of the last eight years, and I have finally decided to part ways.  I know that my life isn't all that empty and I have people around me that care about me, yet I can't help but feel lonely and empty.

He said he was lost and needed to find himself.  I know he wasn't looking for my blessings to go find himself, but in some way I gave him my blessings because I really had to let him go.  I think he and I will always be connected in some way (probably through my family members), but this time there's a finality to our goodbye that I can't explain.

Have I ever told you how wonderful and special this friend is, not only to me but as a person?  He's such a wonderful person.  He looked out for me and loved me for me.  I'm sorry that I was not a better person to him.  At the same time, in talking with him, I have learned things that I didn't know.  I wish he could have been more expressive to me and told me more.  Oh well . . . it's a lesson learned and if there is another chance, I know what I have to do.  

Friend, I only wish you the best.  Please find yourself and your heart again.  I know the world's out there waiting for you.  Don't let this little state, known as Minnesota, confine you.  If I haven't told you, I want to let you know that I'm so proud of you, all that you have accomplished, and will accomplish, all that you have given and shown to me, and I only wish and want the best for you.  

Friend, thank you for your friendship, your kindness, and most importantly, your love.  I know that I would not be where I am without you.  THANK YOU.  I will always love you.  Maybe we say goodbye today so that we can meet again to say hello again.  Lastly, please know, that I will always carry you in my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like this person was a very special person to you. Yes, I would agree with you a goodbye doesnt mean goodbye but its a hello the next you meet. You'll never know sometime you'll cross path again and it appears you know what to do next time.

Anonymous said...

I almost cried reading this. :(

Mein