Friday, January 6, 2012

Books of 2011

I fell short of my personal goal of reading at least twelve books this past year.  I came close, but not close enough.  I will say that I started many books but just couldn't finish.  Anyhow, I still want to post my list of books that I read in the last year.

As you can see, I read a lot of classics.  That had a lot to do with me getting a smart phone earlier in the year and having a Kindle app on the phone.  Still, I think my favorite book from the list is Kaya McLauren's On the Divinity of Second Chances.  I randomly picked the book up from the library shelf and really enjoyed the story.  I thought the book was well written and I loved the theme of second chances, which was incorporated throughout the entire book.  The next book that I really loved is Kate Walbert's The Gardens of Kyoto.  It is such a haunting book and so very well written.

So without further ado, the following are the books I read this past year:

1. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
3. Letters from a Woman Homesteader by Elinore Pruitt Stewart
4. The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells
5. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
6. The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
7. Losing Graceland by Micah Nathan
8. On the Divinity of Second Chances by Kaya McLauren
9. The Gardens of Kyoto by Kate Walbert
10. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
11. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

No comments: