Friday, December 16, 2011

Lincoln Park Conservatory

When I was in Chicago, Illinois, I visited the Lincoln Park Conservatory. I don't know why I didn't write about the conservatory in an earlier post, but I guess it slipped my mind. Like many avid gardeners, I love visiting other people's "gardens," may it be public or private.
The Lincoln Park Conservatory is located just north of the Lincoln Park Zoo (which also happens to be one of the oldest zoos in the nation). It houses a variety of plants, and like many conservatories found in the midwest, it has many tropical and rare plants. I believe admission to the conservatory is free or it has a "donation" basis type of entry.
I love taking pictures in conservatories. For some unknown reasons, I love taking macro pictures and pictures of plants. It's unfortunate that I didn't keep track of the plant's names when I took a picture of the plant, but I still appreciate the picture.
Generally, I don't make it a goal to seek out certain gardens or conservatories to visit, but if there is one within a reasonable distance from where I'm staying, I would try and visit it. I really love all types of gardens, especially if it's free. It may be boring to some people, but I love looking at all the plants and the statues/artwork housed in each garden and conservatory. There's just so much to appreciate.
Do you have a conservatory or garden that you would recommend one go visit?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures of Lincoln Park Conservatory. I especially like the lily flower picture such a beautiful shade of purple and white mixture. S