Friday, November 18, 2011

Reupholstery Project 1

I told myself that I will start my first project of the winter season and finally begin the process to reupholster my first chair (remember that it also has a twin). For this project, I've decided to start with the chairs that my sister purchased for me. Not only because I've had them for the longest time, but also because (as stated in a comment) it may be the easiest.


I will start on the other pair of chairs, which also need some loving too, when I'm done upholstering this set. I'm hoping that I will begin work on this chair this winter and finish it by the spring. Lets see what happens. I am afraid that the work might get pushed aside when my life gets hectic again.


I also found some fabric that would be really great for these chairs. I thought the fabric might also go well with the blue/chrome chairs (just in case if I decide to keep those chairs covered in dark blue). The fabric is called "Fitzy Indigo," and I love this fabric's dark blue background and all of the colorful dots and circles. I found the fabric to be so mod looking. I originally was going to use it as a wall hanging, but as my endeavor to start my Reupholstery Project 1 gained some steam, I thought the fabric would work great as a chair covering. By the way, the fabric is upholstery fabric and was originally intended to be used in upholstery projects. [Just a tip for those who have never reupholstered anything, if you are going to reupholster something, I highly recommend finding and using upholstery fabric, especially if you don't intend to change out the fabric again soon.]

Hopefully I'll keep you all updated on the progress I may or may not be making. Do you think "Fitzy Indigo" would match these chairs?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such colorful fabric, I think it would go well on either chair -IMO

Can't wait to see your project launch off and then finally seeing the finish product. Makesure to take lots of pictures and share with us of your progress. Grace